Lead Photographers Rebecca + Michael Zoumberos
Tampa Yacht & Country Club Youth Sailing Program
The mission of the Tampa Yacht & Country Club Youth Sailing Program is to support the development of youth sailors ages 8-15 years through recreational sailing, sailboat racing and other marine pursuits. We strive to advance their sportsmanship, seamanship and navigation skills while fostering a lifelong passion for sailing.
The goals of the Tampa Yacht & Country Club Youth Sailing Program are to:
- Create an enduring interest in sailing that students will pursue after the program.
- Provide a safe environment for sailing instruction.
- Develop children's sailing ability at a rate that they are comfortable with.
- Make learning to sail a pleasant experience for all students.
- Develop children's appreciation of and respect for weather and the sea.
- Provide opportunities to compete and to practice good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Develop children's self confidence.
- Teach children respect for other people and property.
With these goals, a well-planned curriculum and a dedicated staff, Youth Sailors will develop:
- Self-confidence and self-reliance
- Respect for the marine environment
- The appreciation of teamwork and the value of sportsmanship
- Boat handling skills
- Respect for equipment
- Racing skills
- Respect for others and their property
- An understanding of the racing rules of sailing